Thursday, April 26, 2012

Saddam, Qaddafi, and Tom Dart?

Left to right: Sevan Muradian, FIDE President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, 
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart, Mikhail Korenman 

Check out this story currently featured on FIDE's home page. The U.S. Secret Service (we know how diligent and task-oriented these fellows are) did let Kirsan meet former Presidents Clinton and Carter. So perhaps I shouldn't be so uptight....

And I don't want Chicago to get a reputation as an ungracious host.  It's important to talk to people with whom we don't agree. Some of them will be in town next month for the NATO summit.

Having said that, I can only reiterate my earlier post.

Both Sevan and Mikhail are friends of mine, so I feel rather awkward posting this.  I would feel even more awkward if I were silent.

No comments: